Tile is a resilient and low maintenance choice, perfect for many areas of the home.
Advantages of Tile Flooring:
- Very durable and long lasting
- Comes in many colors and can support many different types of designs
- Not affected by normal moisture and occasional spills, which makes it perfect for kitchens and bathrooms
Primera’s Tile Flooring Options:
- Glazed Ceramic Tile is hardy and tough. It is coated with a type of mineral that forms a glass-like seal on the tiles, making it incredibly scratch resistant. Glazed ceramic can be stained any color.
- Unglazed Ceramic Tile is very strong and textured and comes in an array of different coatings. It is often installed outside because it is very durable and slip-resistant.
- Porcelain Tile is very hard and dense, the toughest on the market. The colors and patterns on some porcelain tiles permeate through the entire tile. This structure makes chips and damage less noticeable.
- Natural Stone comes in several different varieties:
- Granite is one of the strongest and most durable types of natural stone, second only to the diamond. It is very resistant to stains and scratches and made from a blend of mica, quartz and feldspar.
- Marble is formed from limestone that has been crystallized. It commonly showcases a distinct branch or veining pattern which is unlike any other type of natural stone. Marble has a tangible texture and is more porous than granite.
- Limestone is a popular but delicate stone that provides a one-of-a-kind accent. It’s frequently installed in a matte finish. Limestone is more porous and softer than marble. It is made up of coral, shells and other organic material.
- Travertine is related to limestone. It is a very unique stone that actually has hundreds of thousands of holes running through it. The stone must have these holes filled through a refining process in order to make it useable for home and commercial installation.
- Slate comes in an array of different hues and colors. It is a good stone to use in outside areas as it interacts well with natural elements. The surface has visible layers to it, giving it a raw look.
- Tumbled stone has an aged look. It is often installed in borders or edges and accent strips. Tumbled stone can be marble, limestone, travertine or any stone that has been roughed up to make it look worn and rustic.
Primera is here to help our clients discover their individual style, coordinate selections and advise as to where they should invest the majority of their home's interior budget.