Wood flooring is a long lasting and timeless choice for any home.
Advantages of Wood Flooring:
- Highly attractive in the real estate market and can increase a home’s resale value
- Works well in areas with moderate foot traffic, normal wear-and-tear and low moisture
- If properly maintained, it has incredible durability and can last for hundreds of years
Primera’s Wood Flooring Options:
- Engineered Hardwood comes in dozens of colors, sizes and finishes; it naturally compliments many permanent fixtures of a home. It looks very similar to natural wood flooring but requires less maintenance and will work in any climate. It comes in colors like Red Oak, Butterscotch, Rum, Buckskin, Tea Leaf and more.
- Cork is made from the bark of the Cork Oak Tree in the Mediterranean. It is considered an environmentally-friendly flooring option because only the bark is harvested in its making, instead of the whole tree. Cork flooring creates warmth in a room and is more resilient than other types of wood flooring. It has insulating properties and because it is lightweight and soft, it also has sound-proofing qualities. It is hypoallergenic, insect resistant and easy to clean and maintain.
- Bamboo is one of the most sustainable choices a consumer can make and a gorgeous choice for flooring. Bamboo often gets categorized as wood, but it is actually considered a grass by the scientific community and grows on every continent except Antarctica. It is one of the strongest natural substances on earth. Bamboo’s grain comes in 3 main categories: horizontal, vertical and strand woven, and 3 finishes: natural, carbonized and stained.
- Solid Hardwood comes in pieces of pre-finished hardwood that arrive ready to install. Solid Hardwood creates a homey atmosphere throughout the interior of a home. It is easy to preserve and comes in different edge choices: square, eased or beveled. Popular hardwood choices are: Red Oak, White Oak, Maple, Cherry, White Ash, and Hickory. Each of these varieties has their own sub categories with different color choices.
Primera is here to help our clients discover their individual style, coordinate selections and advise as to where they should invest the majority of their home's interior budget.